1. What is Phycocyanin?
Phycocyanin is a potent anti-oxidant that delivers excellent suppress bateful cells growth and variation effect. It helps to activate healthy cells and to fight against harmful cells.
2. Can hyperthyroid or person with thyroid related disease take Spirulina?
With no Iodine, Spirulina is safe for patient with thyroid related disease; however, it is not recommended to take Spirulina during active stage of hyper function of the thyroid. It is safe to consume Spirulina when patient hyperthyroidism is under controlled. Please consult your doctor for medical advice.
3. How to interpret nutrition value on the box? (E.g. Calcium 100mg-500mg)
According to the ordinance of Food Safety in Japan, the nutritional value of any product of which ingredient is derived from natural material should be revealed in a possible range of number, as there is no absolute value in natural ingredient.
4. Can person undergo chemotherapy or suffer from cancer take Spirulina?
Certainly! Spirulina contains Polysaccharides and Phycocyanin, a potent anti-oxidant that delivers excellent suppress bateful cells growth and variation effect, so it is perfect for cancer patient undergone chemotherapy. Phycocyanin helps to suppress the proliferation of batefull cells and activate healthy cells. Spirulina also helps the cancer patients to alleviate the side effect of chemotherapy.
5. Can Spirulina help weight loss?
Yes it can! Spirulina contains phenylanine which can offer a sense of fullness, therefore help us to eat less after taking Spirulina. Also, Spirulina is low fat, low sugar and rich in protein, which can keep us slim and fit in the long term.
6. Is EVERGREEN Spirulina organic?
EVERGREEN Spirulina is not Organic certified yet a healthier choice than Organic certified product. We are dedicated to provide the best to our client; Organic certification has to be sacrificed in order to produce the highest quality of Spirulina. EVERGREEN Spirulina is all natural without pesticides, preservatives, additives or artificial coloring.
7. Does Spirulina contain Vitamin C?
Spirulina contains no Vitamin C. It is recommended to consume fresh vegetables and fruits everyday to supplement Vitamin C.
8. Does Spirulina contain Vitamin D?
Spirulina contains only a small amount of Vitamin D. It is recommended to take Vitamin D supplement if needed.
9. Can Spirulina be taken with other supplements?
Spirulina can be taken with other supplements.
10. Does Spirulina help prevent osteoporosis?
Spirulina contains only a small amount of calcium. It is recommended to take Calcium supplement in order to prevent osteoporosis.
11. What is the daily dose?
Recommended daily intake is 20 -30 tablets in 2-3 divided doses. Take it 30 minutes before meals for optimal result. For those who take it for the first time, it is recommended to start with 5 tablets in twice daily and gradually increase the dose to 20 – 30 tablets daily.
12. Is it suitable for children?
Yes. It is recommended for children under 12 to take 5 tablets twice a day.
13. Is it suitable for all people?
For those who have severe kidney diseases, it is recommended to seek for doctor’s advice before consumption.
14. Under any situation should I need to stop consumption? Can I still continue to take Spirulina if I have cold, flu or coughing?
Spirulina helps strengthening immune system; therefore, it is good to continue consumption in case of cold, flu and coughing.
15. Is it suitable for kidney-transplanted patients who are taking immunosuppressive medicine to take Spirulina?
It is recommended to seek for doctor’s advice for those patients.